Friday, February 19, 2010

East Side Costa Mesa

My husband and I are living with my mom right now in order to buy our dream home in East Side Costa Mesa. People are like "OMG you live with your mom...isn't that hard?.... I could never do that...yada yada." I can't tell you how AMAZING it is to have my mom understand the importance of us buying our first home together and letting us stay here so we can save for something we really want, not just something we can afford. I guess I should mention that she's awesome and her house is big enough so we don't feel like we are on top of each other. Plus our dog has a great backyard to run around in that we couldn't find in any apartment.


Anywho, whenever I'm in the Costa Mesa area I go to my favorite coffee spot, Kean, where the coffee is fantastic and makes you feel like you're on crack...but in a good way.



I pop into all the great boutiques and yummy pastry shops like Susie Cakes





And then with my coffee, cupcake and dog I drive...or sometimes walk...the beautiful streets and let my imagination run wild. I love that every home is different, that the lots are large, some are single homes, duplexes, or apartments. I picture us raising our kids in an environment where they can walk to a store or to their schools.


Right now I have my eye on this house...it's a total fixer upper and probably needs about $100,000 worth of work done...our families think we are nuts...but I don't care because whatever home we buy it will never be finished...



Imagine the trees gone...fresh new sod and simple ferns...painted white with crisp black shutters...a porch added...and a cute white fence...it takes a lot of imagination :)

No comments:

Post a Comment